How to Recognize Hearing Loss
Here are ten questions that will help you determine whether you (or a friend or family member) should have your hearing professionally tested by a hearing healthcare professional.
- Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble or not speak clearly?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?
If you answered “YES” to three or more of these questions, you may want to schedule a professional hearing evaluation with a hearing healthcare professional.
The material on this page is for general information only and is not intended for diagnostic or treatment purposes. A doctor or other healthcare professional must be consulted for diagnostic information and advice regarding treatment.