ClariFix is the first and only FDA approved medical device used to treat chronic rhinitis in adults. It helps treat runny nose, nasal congestion and postnasal drip, which can be caused by out-of-balance nerves in the nose.
What Is Vasomotor Rhinitis?
Vasomotor Rhinitis is similar to hay fever, but is caused by something other than an allergen. Dubbed non-allergic Vasomotor Rhinitis to differentiate the two, it produces cold-like symptoms that can leave you feeling miserable and worn-down. It may take allergy testing to rule out hay fever and accurately diagnose non-allergic Vasomotor Rhinitis.
Unlike hay fever, non-allergic rhinitis doesn’t cause itchy eyes, nose or throat. The absence of these symptoms is a good indicator that you are suffering from Vasomotor Rhinitis rather than hay fever caused by allergies. Non-allergic Vasomotor Rhinitis isn’t just bothersome; if untreated, it can cause nasal polyps, chronic sinusitis and ear infections.
How Does ClariFix work?
ClariFix uses a treatment method called “crytotherapy” to reduce symptoms. Unlike other treatments like nasal sprays and over-the-counter pills, it addresses the root of the problem – the inflamed nasal tissue and underlying nerves.
The device works by delivering cold temperatures to balance the nerves in the nose. This stops symptoms at the source. Four out of five patients report long-lasting improvement with ClariFix.
- How long will it take before my symptoms improve?
- Patients typically see improvement between two and four weeks after treatment.
- Can I feel the device?
- Some patients report feeling slight nasal pressure, a cooling sensation around the nose and/or molars and other mild discomfort.
- Are there any side effects?
- The most common side effects are temporary worsening of congestion and brief pain/discomfort.
- How long does treatment take?
- Most patients spend about an hour at the doctor’s office when getting ClariFix.
Call Mid-Valley ENT & Allergy at (541) 967-0404 for more information or to schedule an appointment.